9.15.2018

when your husband offers to make you a turkey BLT at 9 o'clock at night, you get on your knees and thank the Lord



Everyone says this, but when you're engaged, you don't think there's any possible way you could ever love your person more than you do. Like your body/heart/mind are not physically capable! That's what you think, anyway.

But then you get married.

And then your spouse sees you ugly cry late at night (over really dumb things most of the time). And they see all your morning hair. And they hear your terrible shower-singing voice. And they trip over the wet towels you leave on the ground. And they have to wash your dishes and fold your underwear. And they rub your back when you have cramps. And they sit through movies they do not like with you.

And then

Something really cool happens.

That love you thought could never get deeper starts to expand. It keeps stretching and filling up empty spaces you didn't know you had. It's bigger than the frickin' universe (which is technically also stretching...).

On Thursday night, I was crying myself to sleep. It feels lame to even admit it because all I really do every day is go to work. I shouldn't feel as stressed or anxious as I do. My husband is a TA for two classes, he's in school full-time, and he's in the young men's presidency. He's much busier than me. But the next day he brought me flowers and a card and some chocolate.

My co-worker said "Why did he bring you flowers?"
I said, "Just because."
Her response: "Wow...that's a good man. He brought you flowers just because he was thinking of you."




1 comment: