9.12.2014

this is coming from a girl who just ate two cookies and is about to go for a run



I was walking to my car this morning, wearing my hoodie like I always do, but this time I really did need that blue hooded sweatshirt. And I realized that, quite suddenly, fall is here. I blinked and summer was gone. Oh, summer. You were kind of a (insert swear word here). 

Yesterday in the temple, I felt overwhelmed--really, that is not hyperbole--with Heavenly Father's love for me. It's not loud and it doesn't ever really surprise me. It's this comforting feeling, ever-present (if I'm looking for it), and it doesn't ever change. So, listen to me, all of you girls or boys who think nobody loves you.

You're wrong.

The same person who created the Swiss Alps and the vast oceans and the Redwood trees and the endless galaxies--He made you, too. And He loves you the most. Got it? I can't reach through this computer screen and shake all of your respective shoulders, but pretend like I am....just humor me for one second please.

I am now going to demonstrate how to get through hellacious weeks like this last one was. Because we all suffer through those days every once in awhile...maybe more than once in awhile. Maybe every day is hard for you. P.S. It's not a sin to be sad. More on that later. Or here, if you want. But sometimes the sad gets to be too much for one human heart to hold. We weren't created to be sorrowful all the time....but if Satan can, he will make you feel like that's just the way it is for you. Your life sucks. So deal with it. 

I'm sorry, but Satan is a real jerk. And we all (errybody currently living on this planet, and other planets too, if I'm being technical) have the power to "crush his head," metaphorically speaking, since he doesn't have a head. Ha. 

One of the ways I "crush his head" (gosh, it's really fulfilling to use that phrase in relation to Public Enemy Numero Uno) is to run. I talked about this a little bit when I ran my race earlier in the summer, but yeah....using those bodies of ours for good is a really awesome (and healthy, two birds with one stone, heck yes) way to stick it to Lucifer. Running is my favorite because it clears my head, and challenges me, and reminds me that I am tough, and I can do hard things, even when I sometimes really don't think I can, or want to. Hellooooo run-on sentence. 

So I started to run again, because I'm running another half (don't wanna talk about it right now), and also because sometimes the insanity of my day-to-day life is too much for my idle body to take. I have to, quite literally, run away from my demons. Good news is: my demons aren't long distance runners. They can't keep up with me. *insert thumbs up emoji here*

The second thing I have started to do is move towards those really freaky, really uncomfortable goals of mine, which have long been in the back of my mind but I have yet to do anything about them, simply because I'm skeered out of my britches. Another great word: britches. Anyhow, I just thought,
"Hey. Why don't I just see what happens if I try this out?" And you know what happened? Immediate peace and joy. Serious. It was immediate. Rumi said "When you feel a peaceful joy, that's when you are near truth.” We all know that to be straight-up, because Rumi said it, and if someone named Rumi hit you with his car you'd probably still forgive him. His license plate would probably say 'OMMMM" and that's all. You think?

Another thing you can do is stop worrying. This is easier said than done, Chancho. I am a Professional Grade A Worrywart. I have Melatonin spray by my bed, if that helps support my claim. I mean. (BT-Dubz, melatnonin spray produces the most awful and crazy dreams, so unless you're Desperado like me don't use it PLZ). But the way you do this is to let go of what you have no control over. Just let it go! Release those ashes into the wind. Tie an anchor to them and drop them into the ocean. You aren't a coat rack. Don't let other people hang their problems onto you. Don't hang useless problems onto yourself. It's just not worth it. Now I say unto you, let it go.

How about a happy list to take us out? (This happy list is ONLY pictures, for all of you whose eyeballs are currently falling out because of all the text written above, SORRYIMNOTSORRY).








from le other blog (cept for the last two pics yay)
It's Friiiiiiiiday. Go watch Mother's Nature's light show tonight and make your future grandbabies proud (but only if you're in the northern USA, sry)

1 comment:

  1. God makes beautiful things! Thanks for sharing the photos.
    Visit here for my blog Another Images

    ReplyDelete