1.30.2015

shout it from the rooftops: "IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM ANYMOOOORRREE!"




Let's talk about forgiveness.

It's hard. Sometimes I honestly would rather climb Timp in the dead of winter.

JK. But that's what forgiveness feels like if you're unwilling to forgive. However, as soon as you decide to let go of whatever the thing is, suddenly the whole ordeal goes from hiking Timp to taking a nap in a hammock. Feels real nice.

Last year wasn't ideal. The year before, same thing. "Why does she always allude to crap happening and never say what it is?" Well, the short version is, some of the persons involved might maybe may still read this blog. And if they do, hi guys. How's it going. I also believe that blogging can open up the door known as "Oversharing." The door has a deadbolt on it for a reason, guys. Do not, under any circumstances, throw it open.

Because sooner or later strangers will approach you in public and ask you how your colonoscopy was. Really, do you want the whole internet to know about these things???? It's an epidemic and I'm probably a hypocrite because I have no filter really, but I do try to keep some stuff in its dark cave of privacy, where it belongs. That's what a journal is for.

Recently, these old demons have begun creeping up in my heart of hearts. The demons that say, "Yo McKenzie...wouldn't it have been cool if ___ had done ____ instead of ____? Yeah, wouldn't that have been awesome?" *Cue me being angry at said person for not doing something in the past which is wayyyyyyyyy past being water under the bridge*

UGH. Ugh, stop it, little demons, which I imagine in my mind looking like the albino bat in Anastasia! STAHP.

My bff/roommate/bff Caitlyn was listening to me talk about this the other night, and reel in frustration because that's what I do (reeling=laying on the floor and saying "uggggggggh"). She then calmly said, "McKenzie...it's not your problem anymore."

Then I lit up. Because it's true. It's not my problem anymore. Remember when I let that stuff go forever ago? Remember when?? Hahahahahahhaha NICE TRY LUCIFER! I WIN!

The thing about Satan is that he's pretty sneaky. He tries to get us to stew about things we've already forgotten about/gotten over/etc. He's very persistent, that little beaverface. I can't even handle him sometimes. Forgiving people is hard enough--especially when you don't get any sort of apology or restitution from them. And then Satan's gotta come in and be all, "Hey guys, how about instead of letting go of that thing and feeling peaceful and happy, you don't do that..?"

Satan has never been one for having good plans. Remember?

Shut the door in his face. And then scream it from the rooftops, from the front seat of your car with the window down, into your pillow:

IT'S

NOT

MY

PROBLEM

ANYMORE.

Ur Friday Advice Columnist *OUT*

1 comment:

  1. Everything is alright... Except for that last gif.. He may not represent your cause as you had wished for

    ReplyDelete