5.13.2015

anytime someone looks at me: *peace sign*


going to there.

Dear Apple, why do you make such expensive/sleek products and then make it so they have to update every hour on the hour but also make it so you have to delete everything on your device to update it and also just...why?????? are you??? the way that you are???

I sold ye olde iPod (because #europe) but then when I went to erase it, it locked me out! So here's a big PSHHHHHHHH to Apple. PISH-POSH! To you and yours! (Also RIP Steve Jobs). After 3 hours of reading those huge-long threads on Apple Support (which isn't actually "Apple" Support, it's "Humans Who Have to Put Up With Apple Helping Each Other" Support), I finally got it erased. But honestly. Ok rant about technology is over for today.

So. Europe. I didn't really tell very many people I was going because...well, because of that whole internet stigma of people having the perfect life (on the internet and only the internet, so help us all). And I know what it's like to be jealous of people who supposedly have lives where they do the following: travel a lot, "wake up like this" a lot, are "obsessed with their husbands" a lot, have cute puppies a lot, seem really fit/like they have awesome thighs/perfect brows/can rock a beanie/look good without eyelash extensions/are very very spiritual a lot. And ya know what, okay, people DO have happy lives! It IS a thing! But the internet has somehow made it...not ok? To be doing cool things?

I get it. Instagram is one particular platform that presents a "highlight reel" if you will, and yes, I sometimes scroll through someone's feed and want to gag because I'm like "Where is the justice?? I'm a good person, right! I wanna shop exclusively at Madewell and be friends with bulldogs! PICK ME, UNIVERSE!" But I've also learned this from the internet: it's only a half-truth. Everybody suffers. Nobody is exempt from problems or struggles every single day. According to my Instagram, I'm in the woods a lot and I draw a lot. I have time to draw about once a week and I rarely ever plan to go to the mountains. It's spontaneous, yo! What I'm try'na say is...stop comparing yourself to strangers on the internet because it just makes everything in your life less awesome. And everyone's life is awesome. Even if it's not in Instagram. And even if it is!

*soap box collapses*

Where was I even going with this???????

Oh yeah. So Europe. I'm going there. And I hope when you see the pictures you'll be like "Hey! I'm totally gonna follow her footsteps someday." Because that's what I do now when I get envious of people's Instagram-lives. And then I see a picture of a mom with puke on her shoulder and I think the same thing. Gotta keep it realz.

P.S. If I was rolling in the Benjamins I would take ALLL of you to Europe with me. By "all of you" I mean my parents first, then siblings, then the rest of all of you.

4 comments:

  1. Another one for the books! Loved it all esp Pick me Universe and

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... The part about taking your parents. I am going to find a bunch of Benjamin's for you to roll in so that I can go. Probably little kids named Benjamin cause that would be the most appropriate and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long live the original iPod. Totally still using mine. Still jealous of Europe. I'll think of you at the weepies if you think of me while eating European food in European settings while staring at European boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KYLEE I'LL BRING YOU BACK SOME CHOCOLATE AND GIVE IT TO YOU WHEN WE GO TO A CONCERT 2GETHA I ACCIDENTALLY HAD CAPS LOCK ON AND WAS TOO LAZY TO TURN IT OFF

      Delete