7.02.2015

I like being hot, ok? so sue me (not what you think)

you arreeeee so beautifullllllll to meeeeee

I've been thinking about heat lately. About how I hated it when we moved here from Oregon, hated that dry static fire that clung to me all day from June to August, those coils digging into me and making me a perpetual human oven. I did not like being warm. Then winter would come and I breathed a brief sigh of relief. The reprieve was short because I didn't like snow, either. What a weirdo.

Maybe growing older also means adapting to whatever place you're in and liking it. I can say with full confidence that I could now 100% live in the desert, and I do mean Arizona or Southern Utah or whatever desert biome you wanna slap me into. That's right, universe. If you want to take me somewhere warm in the near future (please let it be the near future, because the distant future is not good at keeping in touch--never calls, never writes), I wouldn't breathe an ounce of opposition.

But don't keep me away from the mountains, either. Is this too difficult of a request? Also are you writing this down? You should probably be writing this down.

I prefer my Future to take notes. That way the plans don't get thrown in the junker, you know what I mean? Open communication is the llave, the key. Don't want your future getting busted, kids.

(like I really know anything)
(eyeroll emoji)





yay stinging nettle yay


 my mom says I can't go hiking alone anymore and that's just silly you know because I've only seen a bear once and that thing was tiny!

this was after I waded into the seaweed that feels like coagulated jelly under your feet to get Ellie's fly that was tangled in the weeds hashtag true love. ew.


I'm always in the mountains these days. To escape socializing the heat.

1 comment: