3.17.2016

greatitude




Gratitude is great, and sometimes it just kind of hits you upside the head, like "HEY! STOP COMPLAINING ALREADY."

And so, even though the first day back from spring break greeted us with a nasty cold front, I have so much more good stuff to write about than the weather. Honestly, the weather? Yawn.

1. I got a raise. I got a raise! It's still weird to me that I can write sentences like that. Adult sentences. About full-time jobs. Full-time jobs teaching kids how to write papers. If you had told me when I was 17 that someday I'd be saying stuff like this, I would've given you this look:


2. Those little guacamole packs from Wal-Mart. They saved me recently on a thuper long road trip. I know that by saying "thuper" I totally negated the first thing on my list. Whaterver.

3. Even though the lack of spring is a bummer, it means I can still wear sweaters. My summer wardrobe is really not cute. At all. Why am I writing this?

4. I have the nicest friends and family. And I admire them more than Kanye admires his own reflection.

5. THE DESERET INDUSTRIES BLESS THIS ESTABLISHMENT 5EVER. I have never been so high after a shopping trip than after I leave the D.I. in Logan. It's just so...gosh. Remind me to write a poem about it someday. 

6. Freddie Prinze Jr. (the neighbor's cat)--on days when I feel like nobody is paying attention to me, this cat is. And honestly, sometimes it's a little creepy the way he sees me from across the street and comes running.

7. my institute class. Before this semester, I didn't know a lot about the Pearl of Great Price. Confession: I thought it was a part of the Doctrine and Covenants???? So imagine my surprise when on the first day, our teacher said, "You guys picked the shortest book of scripture! Only 60-something pages!" I was like "Wait, is the D&C really that short?" And then I opened my scriptures. Doy. But anyway, in case you were wondering, the Pearl of Great Price is all about God's love for His Children. Check it out.

8. that dumb face swap app on Snapchat. Certain people think it's horrible *cough* Houston *cough* but IT'S NOT. Anytime I make a new masterpiece I kinda cringe a little but then I laugh and then I cringe some more. Who thought of this? 

WHY HOW IS ANYTHING ON THAT PAPER A FACE.


honestly.


9. Speaking of Houston! Houston. If you're reading this, I'm grateful for you, too. Even your dad jokes. 
                                       

10. Bachelor Recaps. This one is golden, in case you're in the mood to craugh (no previous experience with the show is necessary)



11. THIS SALAD I MADE UP THE OTHER DAY. Can't stop won't stop eating it.

recipe here


12. Going on walks around Logan. Logan is chock full of old houses like this one:



13. I won a writing contest held by the school! Third place up against my fellow grad-mates, who I am so #blessed to be associated with. I just ended a sentence with a preposition. TAKE AWAY MY TITLE. HURRY, DO IT.

So glad my students do not know about this blog. Add that to the blessings list. 

1 comment:

  1. a raise?!?!?! YOU DAWWWWGGGG. that's my way of saying congrats.

    confession. i've been worried about spring/summer because hi last time i experienced that i was a fresh RM who didn't have a sense of style and now that i do i'm like crap, how do i wear cute clothes in this heat? turns out i'm a fall kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete