4.11.2016

I've got 99 problems but a Houston ain't one

  • His love for Tandoori Oven is unmatched. One week he went three times (I counted). 
  • He has trouble getting off couches "cuz they're so comfy." Like literally he can't get up. I usually give him a push, but sometimes I just watch him struggle. 
  • He points with three fingers instead of one.
  • He taught me that the word "caucus" is also a verb. this is how the conversation went.
    • him: are you caucusing on tuesday?
    • me: you mean voting?
    • him: no caucus is a verb.
    • me: no it's not.
    • him: you know, to caucus, caucaulogy (that is NOT a word), the study of caucusing? it's first grade, McKenzie.
    • me: -_- 
  • If there's a weird old man in a movie we're watching he says "I aspire to be that man." there's weird old men in practically every movie we watch. I'm not joking.
  • He consumes more peach lemonade and/or Sobe water than there are Lakes in Michigan (probably).
  • If you don't laugh at his jokes right away he emits one small, tiny chuckle like three seconds later. Kinda like when you want more likes on an old Facebook post, so you comment on it and then it shows up on your friend's feeds and they like it. I call it the "last chance laugh." 
  • The first time he gave me a gift (it was his favorite book), I responded by saying "You know I've already read this, right?" Smooth. 
  • If he's at the end of a podcast (literally just the closing music) but you call him, he'll ignore the call just so he can listen to the closing music.
  • He gets push notifications on his phone for the NBA and CNN. I get push notifications for ASOS and Pinterest. Oh, how the turntables.
  • He's so ticklish you just have to point your finger in his general direction and he'll flinch.
  • *coming to a realization about fashion* "Wait, your shoes do matter." 
  • He knows the quickest and surest way to get me to roll my eyes all the way back into my skull is to start a sentence with "Well, I'm from Ogden, so....."
  • After I basically did a somersault on the sidewalk to avoid getting dive-bombed by a bird, he said "You and I both know I'm the sane one." 
  • The other night we were driving back from Nibley and he swerved to avoid crushing a cup in the road. A PLASTIC CUP.
  • He drove me all the way to Bear Lake on a school night because I'd never been and I wanted to look at the stars. They didn't disappoint. 
  • He leaves food on my porch all the time. 

4 comments:

  1. This is is a fabulous description. I feel so enlightened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this guy. Even if he is from Ogden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My browser just told me I could pin this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the heart eyes. Happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete