12.16.2016

walkin' in a slushy wetland full of discarded gum wrappers and sadness

What? I don't write the Christmas Carols, I just...sing them.

It's that time of year when Christmas is literally one week away and I'm still drowning in grading. And, just to make sure those eyebags of mine never go away, I signed up for an online class. During the break. During the three weeks of the year when I should be writing my thesis. Yes, during that time.


I haven't posted much on this blog this semester because of reasons like such as because oh wait what was I saying? 

As I was grading earlier today, I happened upon this line: "Unrealistic is defined as something that is not real." 

Me:

sad: there were other lines just like that one
sadder: this was the first image that popped up on Google search when I typed "Kuzco's poison"
saddest: the comment underneath the image

SO ANYWAY HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING.

This isn't supposed to be a complaining post but it's starting to turn into one....werhph. You know what, this is my blog, and I can spell things wrong all I want and I can complain and then one day this blog will be archived, just like DJ Trump's Twitter. Just think about that for a second....wait no maybe don't.

this week:
  • I consistently went to bed at 1am only to fall asleep at around 3am, which happens to be the same time the birds living in my ceiling wake up. 
  • YEAH THERE'S BIRDS LIVING IN MY CEILING.
  • Anyway.
  • I slept in my clothes twice. There is no longer a difference between my asleep clothes and my awake clothes.
  • I responded to a student email with "Hey girl" before I realized who I was talking to
  • I found an M&M in my bed and threw it on my nightstand, whereupon it broke into like 5,000 pieces. I shrugged and went back to bed.
  • I cried in the shower a couple times (totally normal for this time of year, don't werrryy, mom).
  • I watched one too many Hallmark movies (more than 0 is too many). Every year, g-dangit. Every year I think I won't get sucked in and then I start to watch one and get confused by all the plot holes and fast forward to the end and roll my eyes and then watch another one. Is this how addicts feel? Must be.
  • I had a brownie and/or cookies for lunch...thrice. 
  • I used the word thrice.
Hey what day is it? Because I keep thinking it's Wednesday and Wednesday has only happened once this week so I know I'm wrong.

I might need a stretcher by the time May 5th rolls around. 




No comments:

Post a Comment