6.24.2020

postpartum things


  • I started exercising for the first time in...um...I'm embarrassed to admit but it was well before I got pregnant. Anywho, I finished the WARM-UP and thought the workout was over because I was in so much pain. 
  • I cry at anything/everything. Like yesterday, I cried watching an episode of The Great British Baking Show. The day before that, I started sobbing when I discovered a photo of Matilda taken a few days after she was born.
  • I have looked at my incision scar twice, and the first time was to clean off the gunk before a doctor's appointment. It helps that a layer of pudge prevents me from looking down and seeing it straight away.
  • I get really nervous to take Matilda anywhere. We used to go on walks, but now it's 100+ degrees in AZ, so we stay in our lil' air-conditioned bubble all day. She's been to the grocery store once in her little life, and she was a month old (this was just before the pandemic struck). I think she's an extrovert (can you tell this early?), but she's not gonna know what to do when she sees another person's face NOT via FaceTime. 
  • I have a hard time watching movies or TV shows where people die, because now I think "Well that person probably has a mom." Probably.
  • I also cannot listen to true crime podcasts anymore. For the same reasons.
  • For a couple of months, my hair fell out in such large chunks, I probably could've made a rug with it. Now the shedding has stopped, but I'm growing back small tufts on my head in places I don't think even had hair on them before. I now relate to many of the male characters in the 90s smash hit, Ever After (Drew Barrymore forever):



Too real.

No comments:

Post a Comment