6.30.2020

the shell of every boiled egg to the actual egg: ♬it's gonna take a lot to take me awayyyy from you♬

the classic "I'm out of money" nightmare

That joke went over my head. And yours, too, probably, but that didn't stop me from saying it. This is why I don't have a Twitter, and I'm not a writer for TV shows, which was a dream I once had, but instead, I decided to write a bunch of run-on sentences for a blog nobody reads. 

DREAMS.

Speaking of dreams, mine have gotten pretty strange lately. I'm not sure if it's because the news is perpetually bad, I've been indoors for basically 6 months, I gave birth a little while ago, or all of these things combined, but does the cause really matter? Let's break it down:


  • Dream #1: I signed up to bring pie to Thanksgiving (is Thanksgiving canceled yet?). However, in my dream, I procrastined making the pie and realized I needed to buy some from the store instead. For some reason, the pie place I went to was owned by an ex, only sold pie by the slice, and they charged you extra for whipped cream, even if they were out (which they were)? It was one of the worst dreams I've ever had.
  • Dream #2: I was in middle school, started my period, but had nothing with me and decided to stay at school. This is actually a recurring nightmare. Still. STILL. It's been 20 years, McKenzie.
  • Dream #3: I was back in grad school, and my class was being held outdoors...in the teacher's backyard. We sat on hay bales and the river that ran next to the classroom (lol) started to rise and then flood. I jumped the fence and was in the BYU football team's locker room, of course. Super logical place to flee from a flood, by the way. Thanks, brain, for the tip. 
I can't end this post without explaining the title. You know how when you boil eggs and the shell is like IMPOSSIBLE to take off? Even with the cold water trick?! 

Yeah. It's not funny if I have to explain it. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment