11.11.2013

are you on your period? because you are ovary-acting

does anyone else say this in regular conversation? 

Okay, kids. Raise your hand if you found the leftover Halloween stash in your parents' coat closet and ate 5 pieces of chocolate without even breaking a sweat. 

.....so this is what it feels like to be an outcast. 

On Saturday I spent most of the day solo. This is not bad...actually it's really wise, at least for introverts like me, to get some solitude. In the summer, I would take bike rides for hours and just think. Now that it's colder, I take drives, but yesterday global warming was in full swing so I walked around campus after going to an art gallery. 

Oh art galleries. They refill me. Also used bookstores....I haven't been to one in way too long and I need that old book smell to revive my tired spirit.

I also really need a grand piano so I can just SHRED that ivory, if you know what I'm saying.

Anyway, so, walking on any campus gives me warm fuzzies. School is where I feel at home. I like libraries. And sitting at a desk and taking notes. I guess I'm a nerd. Not sorry.

The only problem with thinking time is that it often turns me into Emo Kenzie. Emo Kenzie is either super happy and content or super worried and crying. So that was me yesterday. It was a situation.

So I took myself to a place on campus that had a good view of Provo, and I looked at the temple, and said a long prayer, and let the words flow out of me, and tried to make sure faith was attached to them. 

And something told me it was going to be okay. So I'm going to believe that voice, instead of the one that tells me to worry or be afraid. 

4 comments:

  1. I lit'rally laughed out loud at the title of this post. You're hilario! Good to see ya yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl. A very wise and very German man once said, "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." That may not be helpful, but I think it is me saying, "Ya. Believe THAT voice, and not the one that tells you to be afraid." I hexa love you. Like a ton. I'm sorry that Emo Kenzie came out.
    I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest- So glad you believe that voice. Keep on believing it. You do realize you may have ostracized all young men from reading this post? Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't write this blog for a particular audience, you know. It's just one huge brain barf. And on this particular day, those are the words my brain was saying to me. Hence, they ended up on this blog. That's all the explanation I can give you.

      Delete