4.22.2014

♪ wake up in the morning feeling like p-diddy ♫ *falls out of bed*

this cake is for everyone who graduated/is gonna graduate/is done with school/is gonna be done with school this week 
(Trent, do not comment on this picture... I swear)

The other day I used those gas station pumps to put air in my bike tires because it is spring for realsies now, which means bike all day, all night, all the in-between times too, and the air leaked onto my hands and smelled like a dead fish. Not cool, gas station pumps. Not cool.

I finally met my spirit animal, the lovely Heather. Roxberries=McFrenzy friendship initiation. If you haven't eaten smoothies with me yet (whispers)...then we aren't actually friends. SOrry.

please notice Pokey's hiney in this picture. 
never thought I would type that sentence.

She just texted me to say that she forgot to bring actual pants to school. Is she the greatest or is she the greatest (praise hands)?

P.S. Read this, it's worth it.

I just realized that I give you guys, like, stage directions while I'm writing. What is that all about?

Last night I was the only girl in a room full of 6 boys. Don't be jealous. ...Really. Like, I was sitting on top of their giant bean bag chair (it's at least 2 stories tall) while they watched the NBA Playoffs. If last night was an episode of a sitcom, that episode would be called "If Men Are From Mars Then Women Are From A Galaxy Far, Far Away from Mars."

Observe:

me: "This is the part of sports I don't get...the highlights. Why do we have to watch them all over again? And why do they analyze it? It was great. But it's over now."
*instant replay of someone dunking a basketball...I think*
boy: "But didn't that just make your heart so happy?"
me: "I wasn't paying attention...heh."
boy: "Oh. Well it was awesome."
me: ....

boy: are you enjoying yourself? (hint of sarcasm there, but I forgive you-know-who-you-are)
me: [on Pinterest] yes! *shifty eyes*

girls that came over to visit for 5 seconds and therefore I didn't get names: hey guys wassup.
boys: hey, hey, come in and sit!
girl: oh no, we were just out walking.
boy: but you've been walking all day....
girl: ...through your mind? ha. hahaha. ehhhh.
boy: yeah. yeah. that's what I was gonna say.
boy: hey did you leave Jell-O on my porch?
me: is this the beginning of another pick-up line?
*everyone laughs uncomfortably*
girl: no...but I know a girl in my ward who was making lots of Jell-O this weekend.
(can we just pause in this conversation for a second and revel in it? it's so great. only in Provo. okay. un-pause. again with the stage directions.)
boy: oh that explains it!
girl: yeah all my Jell-O is still in boxes.
*everybody laughs because that was a double meaning if I ever saw one*

boy #1: hey, look at my phone background. isn't it cool?
boy #2: hey, that's my phone background too!
me: well they're kind of the same.
boy #1: okay, you judge them. which one is better.
boy #2: hey you have the brightness turned up! no fair! let me turn my brightness up. okay. now judge.
me: okay..well...you see, the trees are in this aesthetically-pleasing line in this one, so it's more pleasing to the eye. (errybody's eyes are glazing over because of the art references)
boy #1: okay but what about mine. it has aesthetic lines.
me: well, it has a bird in it. so that's cool. but the lines are more abrasive in it.
boy #1: you're abrasive!

boy: I just realized that this smells bad (pulling undenifiable object out of couch cushion)
other boys: ew, what is it? let me smell. (they pass it around and all smell it)
me: (making turtle face)
boy: you wanna smell?
me: no thanks. I'll pass.

I just...DK. And no, that does not stand for Donkey Kong. Although we could make that a verb if we wanted to. You know how when people (Elder Holland) slam their fists on the pulpit? Donkey Kong! "Oh he just donkey-konged that piece of wood!" ....ehh okay maybe not.

And now, a photo essay on how I spent my Easter.

don't mess.

#skullet

babies are my favorite versions of humans. just so we're clear.

This week begins wedding season. Seriously...2 (maybe 3) wedding festivities in 5 days. Utah in the summer is just one giant wedding reception, yo. And that's not even the half of it. I'm supposed to go on like 3 road trips this summer, what! 

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. Oh and Carson's hair. It's a bit like going back in time to the days when his Dad had hair. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete