10.18.2016

this granolie bar is ten levels below gross but I'm still eating it



me @ the internet, social media, newspapers, and almost everyone during election season. 
and Larabars. 

Once, like six years ago, I ran a Ragnar (for the first and last time, R(eeses) I(n) P(ieces) my body). We ate bananas and candy and those Goo packs which hardly need to be digested at all (and aren't really, if I'm being disgustingly honest). And we ate Larabars.

Larabars are healthy granola bars, basically made for people on Whole 30. That's because they're fruit, dates, and nuts, all mashed up and pressed into a rectangular mold and then given very deceptive names like "Brownie" and "Cashew Cookie" and "Key Lime Pie." When John tasted the Key Lime pie Larabar for the first time, he said, "Bleh, PineSol!" I'm eating a Larabar right now. /end story

I am *this* close to deleting my Facebook because the election.

I am also *this* close to deleting my brain because it's now "that time" (whatever that even means). Last night when I opened my textbook I heard myself saying "No, thanks." Senioritis has officially begun, and not a day late.

I have run into like ten students (current and former) this week, and only one has acknowledged me. Students, if you think running into your teacher is awkward, just remember it's 10x worse for them, cuz we already have to stand in front of you 2-3 times a week and pretend like we know what we're doing, and then when we see you on campus and wave to you for like five minutes without you acknowledging us....it's just....no. Nightmare. I think I even stood next to a student while he was walking and said "hey!" OUT LOUD and waved and he looked straight ahead. Meanwhile his friends were like ??????? hey lady????? u ok?????????????????????

I might have Tourette's, guys, but otherwise, I'm fine.

Weird things:

  • a girl I follow on Instagram said her boyfriend "is the best booger she's ever picked." Uh? Gross?
  • somehow the bottle of salt (bottle???) that's been on my desk for 4 months still has salt in it. weird.
  • I ate a Larabar (?!?) (still not over it) (and I have more at home)
  • Why? Do? I? Use? So? Many? Of? These?????????????????????????
  • one of my students wrote "I love you" in Spanish in his journal which he then turned into me. Should I write back? "No gracias."
One last thing. We had a devotional on Sunday at 5pm. Our church also gets out at 5pm, so my blood sugar was basically in the depths of hell at this point, so I sat in the foyer, ate a sandwich, and listened to the talks over the intercom (intercom?). Intercom. So. The theme of this fireside was "But If Not" (based off this talk, a great talk, by the way). BUT. There was no balance between "But if Not" and "But If So." The poster for this fireside was a close-up of a girl's eye with a solitary tear coming out of it. Uh....depressing. And it was. The fireside, I mean. I felt very discouraged afterwards. And then I came home and all my roommates were saying "But if not!" after every positive remark someone made. Merp.

OK WELL that was a random and pointless blog, you're thinking. And I'm thinking. And everyone is always thinking.

3 comments:

  1. I have been sad and inadequate and not very fun all day. In 2 minutes Inlaughed more and related more than I have all day. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why have I forsaken you (this blog)? My cheeks hurt. (You decide)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ran a Ragnar? You're amazing.
    Booger analogies to describe boyfriends? WTH.
    I never touch salt, like unless I'm baking and the recipe asks for it. PEPPER IS LIFE. K bye.

    ReplyDelete