7.19.2013

my mom says I'm a hipster now because I have a longboard to go with my holey Vans.

these aren't the holey vans nor is this my longboard. deal wit it.

Also I have a sweet scrape on both of my patellas from aforementioned longboard.

I haven't mastered how to...um...slow down?

So the story goes like this: on Tuesday my longboard showed up on my porch.

That night I took it out for a spin and I was like "this board is smooth like butter."

Then that gave me a hankering for popcorn obviously, so I made some and had to floss extra that night. #irrelevant

The next night after volleyball, I took it out for another spin in the church parking lot, which just so happens to be adjoined to the temple parking lot. My board must've wanted me to go to the temple (it's one of those special boards...) and I rode it all the way over there! Eric-face joined me for a few seconds but then he listened to the Spirit (and the no trespassing sign) and stayed where he was.

I, however, did not see the sign and gosh, the temple is really pretty, okay? Pretty soon I was airborne and yeah I'm going to edit the story for the sake of my dignity.

Eric drove himself on over in Rawnduh (yep that's his car's name and I even spellchecked it with him, in case you were wondering) and told me I should probably turn around because of "the law" and "no trespassing" and shtuff, and then I grabbed onto the back of his car for .5 seconds, at which point my mother's face flashed across my cerebellum, and I was imagining myself 10 seconds into the future saying "I've made a huge mistake."

So I let go. And he sped off and now I'm a master longboarder!

Cept sometimes I get scared when I have to make super-speedy turns, kbye. 

1 comment: