2.22.2015

I left my OJ on the train so you could say my crying-drought is over now


Guys. GUYs. I'm moving. I have decided to let myself feel all the emotions instead of pushing them away. Which means I'm a mess. Also shouldn't be staring at this screen & typing because I've got a volcano for a head right now. Migraines are like the Guy Fieris of bodily functions. WAT DID I JUST SAY.

Well, it made sense, didn't it. (?)


Visual aid



I observed lots of things whilst I was on the train this weekend (but apparently not my orange juice, being left behind...waahhh)

  • "That lady looks like she poached Gandalf and now she's wearing him." Well.
  • A hispanic kid got locked in the bathroom for like 10 hours and was banging on the door 5EVER. When his parents finally came to let him out they were laughing hysterically. ??????????? Or should I say ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
  • I got a great amount of satisfaction from watching people in traffic/getting pulled over from the train window. Why don't we all take the train..???
  • I've just realized that I only use one question mark or a thousand, there is no in between for me. 
So, back to the real point of this post. I'm moving (again). Seems like it wasn't that long ago that I moved to this strange city, and I was really nervous, mostly because I didn't have any "people." I was pretty lonely for a little while. But then certain people barged into my life without knocking, which was the best possible thing they could have done for me. They opened my eyes to all different kinds of love--giving you a ride when your car breaks down kind of love. Listening to you ramble on about your limited knowledge of politics love. Hanging out with you while you do laundry and eat pie kind of love. Going on bike rides with you in the middle of the night kind of love. Coming over to your apartment just to give you a hug when you're sad kind of love. I used to think that my time here was depressing/sad, but that is simply not true. I got slapped across the face with so much love it left me dizzy and wanting more.

You know, writing big long thank-you posts is not really my steezy, but I kind of want to do just that. To let everyone know I have the greatest people in my life who constantly amaze me and make me want to be better and lift me up. I went through the hardest times of my life while I was living here in Provo, but I gained so much. Why doesn't everyone just come over in the next month or so and I can hug you all for like 5 minutes straight? That sounds like a good plan to me. 

This move is temporary (I think) but it still feels...something. Feels like I'm leaving a piece of my heart here. 

Oh McKenzie, you drama queen (see image at the very top for reference).

1 comment:

  1. I get it. I promise to push you out the door more often, it will be difficult because I really really like you and I like having you around. But I'll make the sacrifice because that's just the kind of mom I am. Pushy

    ReplyDelete