2.18.2015

if I had a clubhouse the sign on the front would say "no whiners allowed plz! (or people who dislike peanut butter)"


wow is my hair red???? redwood tree brown????? chocolate popcorn candy tower color?????? who knows????
I got called "Waldo" six times that day. SIX. Thanks for nothing, H&M.

Alright, alright. If you have an aversion to peanut butter because of, like, a life-threatening allergy, you may still come aboard this ship. Er...house. House in a tree. Someday I'm going to have a treehouse again, and it won't be rotting/dangerous/made in the same years my father was in high school. Bless you, old walnut tree, for holding that tree house for so dang long.

Recently, I have been gravitating more towards things/people that inspire, uplift, and make me feel better about myself while at the same time making me want to become more. In other words, my spirit digs all those things mentioned in the 13th Article of Faith. Isn't that something? Huh. Well, anyway (my mom loves when I say "anyway"), besides this being a not-really-coincidental thing that I am doing (because of this), it's also making me wonder...

Why do we ever waste time on anything less? How does the adversary distract us like that, when we know better. We all know better. I scratch my head at this every day, at myself, for falling for that even for a second. The trap that says "You aren't really worth as much as you think you are, so how about you just waste your time on this frivolous activity?" Such frivolous activities include but are not limited to:

  • netflix marathons (seriously make me unable to sleep+make my stupid back pain worse+make me feel lame, and I know, we all do it, but it's seriously horrible, the end)
  • eating anything gross
  • spending too much time on the internetz for no reason
  • not spending time reading all my books
  • not spending time outside
These all have a common thread: idleness. In my early morning seminary class wayyyy back in the prehistoric ages, a boy once commented saying "An idle mind is the devil's playground." Gosh, it's true. UGHHH Lucifer. Stop playing on my playground. Get out of here. You don't even like swings.

*crushes his head with my heel*
*wait he doesn't have a head*
*crushes a picture of E.L. James instead*
*it's kind of the same*
*whoa are u being passive aggressive, McKenzie..?*

In honor of this inspiration-fest, I am going to leave some linky-dinks here of things that have inspired me lately to be a better person. Maybe they will help you too. 

Now, go for a walk today, and leave your phone at home. Unless you're in a bad neighborhood, like me. Then take your phone. Ok, leaving your phone anywhere is sort of a bad idea NVM.
  • this girl has hodgkin's lymphoma and decided to make shaving her head into...not such a bad thing
  • this post written a while ago by the lovely brooke, who always inspires. I still think about this post. It was great. 
  • this blog, and also this human, whom I have since hung out with a couple of times and she is just as inspiring in real life. I love it when that happens!
  • this talk. very much worth everyone's time. 

7 comments:

  1. WAIT. IS IT ANYWAY OR ANYWAYS.
    ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom doesn't like either one but I am pretty dang sure "anyway" is cORRect!! :)

      Delete
  2. I think you're pretty cool and hilarious. I just spent the last hour reading your blog and have no regrets. I hope that's not weird...

    Also, I wish I could have been the one to find one of your FNL notes at B&N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarrraaah. I did the same thing to your blog. And you are now one of my favorite internet people ever. I would say real-life people except I don't know you..yet. You're so wonderful. Keep it up.

      Delete
  3. Anyway..this is a terrific post

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some very inspirational links indeed!!

    ReplyDelete