4.05.2015

bananas should have zippers. they should. trust me.

throwback to two years ago when nothing was different 
and Ellie used my body as a trampoline

I was thinking last night, as I sometimes do, that bananas should really have zippers. Why you ask? Because, you guys. Because. Then we would no longer have to deal with touching the squishy stringy tops of bananas (or bottoms, if you're cray and you peel your bananas upside down and I have met some humans that do this, bless their souls). We wouldn't have to smash them when we peeled them open, like I always manage to do. This, of course, has nothing to do wit the fact that I like my bananas to have green tips and therefore no brown spots and therefore they are sort of hard to open in this state.

THIS IS NOT A METAPHOR OR EVEN A JOKE IT IS SERIOUS.

I should never blog after 10pm.

I moved home like a week ago and since then I have noticed that my little sister is a tad less...teenager-y. She's not quite pubescent yet but I think when I'm around she's slightly more cheerful and I like that. Being the someone that someone shorter/younger looks up to feels really good. Especially when that shorter person lectures you on dating (which she does. every.day.)

"McKenzie, did you ever kiss anybody?"
"Mmmmhmm."
"What! WHO. WHO DID YOU KISS."
"(fill in the blank obvi I'm not naming names, ew)"
"Do mom and dad know?"
*shoulder shrug emoji* *I am too old to be having this convo with my 11-yo-sister*
"Did you have a crush on them?"
"A crush? Well we were dating."
"I know but did you like them?"
"Yes I had a crush on them."
"Good because you can't just be dating you also have to have a crush."
"...."
"I almost had a crush in first grade but then I stopped myself."
*crashes car into ravine*

JK I didn't actually do that but I might as well have. It's hard to drive and laugh/cry at the same time. Also hard to drive, laugh/cry, and see out your window when you haven't gotten a car wash since 2014.

When we got home later and were assembling desserts, Ellie blurted out, "Mom, dad, did you know McKenzie kissed ___?"

Does anybody want whipped cream, orrrrrrrrr

Two thumbs up for kissing and three thumbs up for whipped cream.

gOODNIGHT.

8 comments:

  1. "I almost had a crush in first grade but then I stopped myself." HAHA. HAHAHA. HA. IF ONLY THAT WERE ACTUALLY ABLE TO BE A THING BECAUSE you can't stop yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to shield her from that truth until she was ready but who knows like she might be ready????? BUT SHE'S STILL A BABY TO ME.

      Delete
  2. God, this post is glorious! Ha. I still see my sister as a baby even though she's only 18 months younger than me. Whipped cream is amazing! I had a sudden craving for making a weird whipped cream/alcoholic/fruity combination! Yuuuum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby sisters will always be baby sisters. Alwayz.

      Delete
  3. HAHA!!! I LOVE this kid conversation! I love almost everything that comes out of kids mouths/minds. <3 Haha, what would this world be like without their cute/innocent perspectives...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Your blog totally distracts me every time I try to log in to write in mine!! Haha! Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Your blog totally distracts me every time I try to log in to write in mine!! Haha! Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are truly generous for this comment. Which is why my latest post is dedicated to you.

      Delete