12.28.2015

even Nephi cried himself to sleep sometimes




this is also how I react when people ask me about things I don't wanna deal with

Regarding the title, I promise it's true. 2 Nephi 33:3, look it up. Not sacrilegious.

The point of this post is just to give you a little push. A boost (not like the kind they give you at Jamba Juice--you know, those pointless "vitamin" boosts that don't do anything except empty ur wallet). This year has been tough for me. A lot of things didn't go the way I wanted them to. I'm still learning faith and patience. I'll probably still say that 50 years from now. But really. Life isn't really easy. Even those people you probably follow on Instagram who have a seemingly perfect life...they probably don't. Filters, man. They cover up stuff.

ANYhow. This is just to remind you that you can do it. If you're discouraged about something or a lot of things, you need to let go of them right now. It's hard--it's so hard for me--to do that. To give my problems to Heavenly Father and say "Here, I have done everything I can with this and I can't do anymore. Please help." I'm bad at asking for help. Heavenly Father wants us to ask for help. Not for him, though. For us! C.S. Lewis said, "I pray because I can’t help myself. I pray because I’m helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time--waking and sleeping. It doesn’t change God--it changes me." It changes me. And man, if anybody needs changing it's me. 

It's all of us. 

Yesterday our home ward got a new bishop, and he talked about how interesting it was that God had "softened" his rough edges over the years, preparing him for this calling. He said we all start out kind of rough and jagged. But our experiences + the Savior soften us up. He molds us perfectly, even though it hurts. Dangit, it hurts. 

Now if He could just make my Spotify Discover Weekly really good, life would be golden.

Now that's sacrilege! 

2 comments:

  1. I read your posts and nod my head in agreement then metaphorically fist pump because I feel heard and empowered because you always say something I need to hear so I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you.

    ReplyDelete