1.03.2018

this walk made possible by wool socks


My journaling took a sad turn in 2017. Uh, and 2016. Before grad school, I was a very diligent record-keeper. Which is a little regrettable now since I wrote in painstaking detail about every little injustice life dealt to me (getting your period on Christmas is unfortunate, but not really apocalyptic, sorry for the tear stains on the pages, and no I'm not joking about those).

So in an attempt to resurrect my memories I am leaving my mark here. I am more motivated to write when I don't care who's reading. That's the freedom of not giving a CARP about what anyone thinks of you (except your mom, hi mom!).

The other day I was waiting for the bus after work when I decided to just walk home (wow, that sentence was a ride!). It was above 30 degrees and my phone's battery was fully charged, so.

By the end of the walk I was getting choked up at the beautiful sunset. I had realized once again how small and insignificant I am in this big universe, but how little that matters to a God that loves me.






No comments:

Post a Comment