12.14.2013

single and ready to eat pringles

I will never not reblog this
(at least Facebook let me change my cover photo...)

So Facebook wouldn't quit asking me to change my relationship status. I tried to say "In a Relationship With Mexican Food" but I guess I'm not facebook friends with Mexican Food and so it wouldn't count it. So then I changed it to "soltera" (which is Spanish for single and yeah, my FB is in Spanish, what of it). And Facebook said "This won't show up on your profile."

Well gee, thanks. I guess it's only cool to have your relationship status be on your profile if you're in one. What is this nonsense?!

For the record, if I was in a relationship, I wouldn't put it on Facebook, cuz that stuff is between me and my Mexican food. Ya feel me?

Anywayz. A lot of people offer to set me up. 9 times out of 10 they don't ask if I'm seeing anyone first. They just say, "Have I got a guy for you..." And then I pretend like I have to go use the bathroom or something. I'm like, having a bladder emergency. And I bolt. And then I don't even have to change the subject because I ran away from it! #mature

I don't know what it is about me that makes people want to hook me up to their best friends, but hey guys, I can do it. I think. I know you mean well and everything, but I just wanna find whoever it is by myself. I know what I want (mostly) and he lives in Great Britain and he's kind of preoccupied with his music and surfing right now but as soon as he reads this blog post I bet he'll catch the next red eye to Utah. Waaait for it.

When I went to BYU of the Idaho, I was constantly bombarded with the m-word, which is cool. I support it. I support marriage! Yes! I think it's awesome. But there was a lot of pressure on us chickens to find a rooster (what?) and those roosters weren't into asking girls out. I was too busy with studying to care, but sometimes I did. Sometimes I'd stop and be like "Hey! How come I'm not married yet and all of my friends are? Do I study too much?" To answer Past Kenzie's question, yes, you studied too much, but that's not the point.

The point is, you'll find it. You shouldn't settle. But you'll get there! I think in LDS culture we worry too much about finding the perfect person at the perfect time. And the thing is, it's gonna happen eventually. It really will. As long as you do your thing and do what Heavenly Father tells you to do, and show up where you're supposed to show up, things will work out. I've stopped worrying about it because a) I no longer live in Rexburg, the place where diamond store advertisements go to make war on single women and b) I decided worrying was pointless.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one that gets desperate sometimes. Today I was driving to Orem and I looked over at the guy next to me. He had the same car air freshener that I did. I actually thought, "Hey, we have the same air freshener. We have something in common...hey maybe I should try to make eye contact with him!"

Yeah. That happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment