5.10.2018

things to put in your pocket

For safekeeping:

When we went through the Arby's drive-thru at 10:30 and the Arby's employee said everything like it was a question, even things like "Have a nice day?" and "Next window please?" And the bite of your roast beef sandwich made me want to cry because, unfortunately, it was delicious.

At church, I sang in the choir during sacrament meeting and Helen, the older woman (your favorite) sitting next to you said "Isn't it great to have such a sweetheart for a wife?" And you said "Yes, it is." She told me this after my Relief Society lesson.

When we watched two Ryan Coogler movies in one day without realizing it (Black Panther and Creed). And used our gift cards to buy tickets and popcorn (the lap of luxury, baby), but then we didn't finish the popcorn. How did we not finish it?

When we fought over which Don Bluth movie to watch on Sunday night and then you went down the Don Bluth rabbit hole and discovered his relationship to Mitt Romney and Parley Pratt. And you wouldn't give up until you found out if he was "still active" (he is).

When I tried to wake you up by turning on the lamp and you fake-slept through the whole thing. But I only did it because I knew you had to wake up on time for a meeting, because on Sunday morning you bolted out of bed and ran into the bathroom to brush your teeth because you had a work meeting at 9. And when you spit out the toothpaste you looked at me and said, "It's...Sunday."

When you told me to put cinnamon on the banana cream pie even though the recipe didn't call for it. That was the most perfect suggestion.


No comments:

Post a Comment