11.16.2015

this sweater itches like he*k

this is my great grandmother. she'd be proud of this post.


Sry. Sry for fake-fake-cussing. It's just, you know. Whatever. Four weeks 'til the semester ends and I take a nap for the entire month of December. Those of you who truly know me know that I am not exaggerating. Not even a little bit.

The last two days were less than, on a mathematical scale. Less than dirt, less than Cool Ranch Doritos (sick), less than when your sock falls down inside of your shoe, less than getting flipped off while driving for doing nothing wrong, less than setting your alarm for PM instead of AM. It was less than all of that. I can thank my good friend anxiety for all of it. Don't worry. Soon I'll get it* figured out.

*my health/sanity/well-being (this statement does not encompass the rest of my life, ha!)

Back when I was a baby undergrad, I used to make "happy lists" every Monday in order to keep Monday from getting shoved under the bus and have a reason to write on my blog. Well, now I have more interesting reasons, but less time. But I'm taking this one for the team. Er, my blog is. Because you know what, crying for three days straight is really so overrated. My Kleenex bill is through da roof.

HAPPY LIST AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN LEAVE

  1. Making a new friend in Institute. He said I was "the best partner he's ever had." Idk, should I change my relationship status on Facebook now?
  2. Scriptures, for being my favorite and my best always. 
  3. Parks & Rec, for helping me to laugh when I seriously just wanna cry. 
  4. Kleenex, for when I actually do cry.
  5. Good friends, ACROSS-THE-WORLD friends, 2-hours-away-friends, and all the in-between ones. You keep me above water. I luh you.
  6. The churro frozen yogurt was almost out but I got the very last bit of it, haha TAKE THAT YOGURTLAND!
  7. The Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify is finally good because I only listened to all my favorite music for a week straight which got kind of old bc I need variety but I DID IT just to have at least one good song on my Discover Weekly playlist.
  8. Barely finishing a huge writing assignment 3 minutes before class and not even really finishing it all the way but still GETTING AN A. This is a miracle.
  9. Trying to text "tender mercies" and my phone autocorrecting it to "tender me dies," which is still accurate. You might think this is a weird thing to put on a happy list and you'd be right.
  10. Being stressed about a paper I didn't get to revise very well and getting a perfect score on it (wut). I'm pretty sure somebody is praying for me way more than they are letting on. C'mon, who is it? Let's date.
  11. Imagining my mom's facial expressions as she reads this.
  12. Sleeping through the night WITHOUT a sleeping pill. That's right. I'm cured. Mostly. But I still had a dream about a friend I know via the internet and not in real life, and it was super violent and grim and awful and gosh I hate dreams sometimes.
  13. Again with putting unhappy things on happy lists?! I shouldn't run these anymore.
  14. Finally meeting a Twitter friend in real life, and what did I take them to do with me? Buy deodorant at Smith's. #romance #friendship #rofriendship #leavemealone
  15. These pictures. Great day. Fun, fun day. Kenzie is leaving me for Texas, so *moment of silence please*


I'm...a vampire?

Snow is just dirty, pee-infested ice. 1/10 would recommend (if one dog was a part of the study)


DON'T GOOooOoOOO




2 comments:

  1. My face was like 😄😆☺️😃😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. It only took one emoji!!! What? Smile face. Laughing face Laygh til I cry face Crazy face. I will not be undone by technology. Today I quoted a Hymn and it autocorrected Livestock B for lovest..... Yep!

    ReplyDelete